sql question:

From: Chris Aiello <caiell02_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 22:25:00 GMT

hi all:

I'm trying to figure out SQL to do the following: I have an application that tracks SQL that is being sent to the database, and one of it's features is the ability to identify whether a query is an insert, update, delete, select, select with all rows returned, the query is the first in a user session....and many other criteria. Because of the nature of SQL, i.e. many of the above could be true, the deisgners made each flag a 'bit'. So an example is:
4 is a select
8 is insert
16 is update
32 is first query in session
64 is delete
128 is a cancelled query
256 is database cancelled query

Now the SQL that I have to find is 'which of these records is a delete?' The values could be 64, 96, 416, 445, 320 and many others. All in all there are probably 20 possible values and the permutations are to lengthy to put in a 'like', so I need some kind of algorithm. Does anyone have any ideas?

email:
caiell02_at_comcast.net

thanks, Chris Received on Sat Jul 13 2002 - 17:25:00 CDT