Re: how to import a unix dmp file within Oracle 9i, windows ?

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 20:34:37 +0100

"cel" <papouasied_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3d2f5d67$0$548$626a54ce_at_news.free.fr...
> Let's say I made a full export (tables, tablespaces, stored procedures
etc)
> from a database, running with Unix.
> Now I want to create a database from scratch and import that dmf file in
it.
> I want to do it with Windows, Oracle 9i. Maybe with the Database
> Configuration
> Assistant ????
>
> I am looking for advices or nice links with tutorials.
> thanks in advance

You will need to do two things:

  1. Make sure to ftp the dump in binary mode
  2. Create the (empty, appropriately sized) tablespaces in the target database before the import (you could skip this step if the directory structures were the same, but you can't in this case, as you're going from Unix to NT, so the path/filenames for the datafiles will be different).

Hope this helps,
Paul Received on Sat Jul 13 2002 - 14:34:37 CDT