Re: Oracle 9i Listener Crash on XP

From: fizyxdude <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2002 07:15:45 GMT

I had an identical problem while using Oracle 9i Standard on a XP Home Edition platform. After a month of frustration, I accidentally solved the problem while investigating why I could no longer access by bank's https:web site. The problem was the Freedom Firewall software that was slapped on my PC by HP at the factory. As soon as I uninstalled it and rebooted, not only was I able to access by bank, but the annoying TNS: no listener problem disappeared as well. Hope this helps.