Re: Can I change db_name or SID for a exist db or How?

From: owalter <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2002 07:15:44 GMT

Quite late but perhaps it may help anybodyx else :)

After u have done : ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE edit the file (normally under udump/)

in following way:

CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "OLD_NAME" NORESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG to

CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE "NEW_NAME" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOGsa