Re: How to confirm someone is an OCP?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 12 Jul 2002 09:51:45 -0700

In article <E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA7025B5E7A_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk>, Norman says...

>Hi Niall,
>

>>> There has
>>> been a tendency for OCP candidates (or at least the recruitment
>agencies) to
>>> equate 'passed the OCP' with 'has 5 years real world experience'.
>
>Then those are the Bar Stewards which are givin the rest of us OCP
>enabled 'dba' people a bad name. I'll bet they lie about other things on
>their CV/Resumes as well.
>I'm an OCP myself, but I'm lacking in enough real world experience to
>call myself an 'experienced DBA' - but hell, I'm working on it.

You know, given some of the sensible answers you've posted here, I'd be happy to say you were an experienced DBA. And given some of the stupid answers I post occasionally, maybe I'm not! ;)

Pete

>If my work hadn't paid for it, would I be an OCP ?
>I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I'd have paid for the courses at least
>out of my own pocket (or my wife's) if I had to.
>
>Regards,
>Norman.

>Norman Dunbar
>Database/Unix administrator
>Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
>mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
>Tel: 0113 289 6265
>Fax: 0113 289 3146

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Fri Jul 12 2002 - 11:51:45 CDT