How to confirm someone is an OCP?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:40:09 +0100

Hi Niall,

>> There has
>> been a tendency for OCP candidates (or at least the recruitment
agencies) to
>> equate 'passed the OCP' with 'has 5 years real world experience'.

Then those are the Bar Stewards which are givin the rest of us OCP enabled 'dba' people a bad name. I'll bet they lie about other things on their CV/Resumes as well.
I'm an OCP myself, but I'm lacking in enough real world experience to call myself an 'experienced DBA' - but hell, I'm working on it.

If my work hadn't paid for it, would I be an OCP ? I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I'd have paid for the courses at least out of my own pocket (or my wife's) if I had to.

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator