Re: Oracle vs DB2 --- Oh, oh idle chit chat

From: R Chin <rchin_at_panix.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:12:08 -0400

SQL> select ans from AUSSIE_FACT where q like '%what the hack is Didgeridoo ?%';
SQL> 'KANGAROO MATING INSTRUMENT'
1 row selected.
SQL> select ans from AUSSIE_FACT where q like '%who the heck is Ziggy Stardust ?%';
SQL> 'GUESS: ROCK-STAR-WANNABE KANGAROO IN LAS VEGAS ?' 1 row selected.

SQL> update my_posts set subject = 'Warning ! Aussie Chit-chat overflow' where subject = 'Oracle vs DB2';
ORA-00060 deadlock detected while waiting for resource

SQL> alter system set max_totally_idle_chit_chat = 0 ORA-00922: missing or invalid option

SVRMGRL> shutdown abort
ORA-01149 cannot shutdown - file name has online backup set

(%$*&@ X !) --- <unplugged> |:0 (