performance of Inserting bytes

From: Aseem Bansal <aseem_at_modena.stpn.soft.net>
Date: 11 Jul 2002 06:40:32 -0700

Hi

    I donot have much idea about the slow performance regarding the insert statement execution.

        I am using Oracle JDBC driver (Classes12.zip) for accessing oracle 8.1.6. In the database, I am maintaining a message table which has 6 fields (4 numbers, 1 char and 1 "LONG RAW " ). If i try to insert 5000 messages into this table using a single prepared statement, performance is around 60-80 inserts per sec (always < 100). How can I increase this?

Regards
Aseem Bansal Received on Thu Jul 11 2002 - 08:40:32 CDT