Re: Trigger Fail in Job execution

From: Homero Fonseca <hjsfonseca_at_yahoo.com.br>
Date: 11 Jul 2002 05:08:37 -0700

Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3D2CA399.4A1230AD_at_exesolutions.com>...
> FC wrote:
>
> > "Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message
> > > Not really.
> > >
> > > The only tip I have, in all seriousness, is that I would sooner shag a
> dead
> > > sheep than use 8.1.5. Like the sheep, it is riddled with bugs. You need to
> > > upgrade to something supported. Like 8.1.7.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > HJR
> > >

> > I might agree,
> > but I encountered similar problems when using something like that on 8.1.7
> > (Win2K and PE on Win98).
> > If I remember well, the manual (Admin Guide) states that unlike other
> > background processes, scheduled jobs are automatically restarted when they
> > fail, up to 16 times, after that they are flagged as "broken".
> > Now, if your job fails and for some reason when it is restarted it quits
> > because some required condition is not met, it is like hello, no trace of
> > anything, not even the "broken" job in the view user_jobs. Well, almost no
> > trace,
> > probably if you turn on oracle tracing and/or logging you might see
> > something somewhere.
> >
> > By the way, is the trigger body declared an "autonomous transaction" ?
> > Is there an error trapping clause in the trigger body ?
> >
> > Bye,
> > Flavio
>
> If a developer writes a proc, creates a job, whatever, and doesn't have a table
> that logs start_time, end_time, and any generated ORA messages (as the first and
> last things the proc does) it says something about the importance placed on the
> application. Logging doesn't just catch what runs and how long it runs, it
> catches what doesn't run, what breaks, and why it breaks.
>
> Daniel Morgan

Hi Daniel and Flavio!
Thanks for the tips. First, I donīt declare the trigger body an "autonomous transaction". In the case of my job, it do not fail. The job is executed without fail, exceptions or errors(that I can trace). In the log(table & file) the actions after the trigger are executed(and recorded). Only the actions, that must be executed by trigger, donīt occurs.
I will try enable trace to find out what's happening. Received on Thu Jul 11 2002 - 07:08:37 CDT