Dedicated Vs. Shared Server Mode

From: <peter.peltonen_at_iki.fi>
Date: 11 Jul 2002 09:46:12 GMT

I am creating an initial db with the Oracle Network Configuration Assistant.

I am now wondering if I should install the db in Dedicated or Shared Server Mode:

The DB is to be serving a WebLogic J2EE Application Server which is talking to it via JDBC. This will be the only client that will be issuing queries to the db.

So, in which mode should I install the db in this case? If in Shared Mode, should I use Connection Pooling and if so, what would be the values one might suggest to use with it?

Regards,
Peter Received on Thu Jul 11 2002 - 04:46:12 CDT