Re: Invalid Month error on German Oracle Server 8.1.7 using ADO

From: Edzard <edzard_at_volcanomail.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2002 00:56:44 -0700

This error (ORA-01843: not a valid month) can occur if the NLS_LANGUAGE setting on the client is different as that in the database AND if the application passes the date as a character string instead of as an Oracle date variable. For instance if it does an update like this:
UPDATE emp SET hire_date = :character_variable In Oracle Forms you would use a date variable here but in visual basic this is not an option. The only way to get around this error is then to make the database and the client PC's have identical nls_language setting.