Re: imp whole database

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:28:24 +1000

Hi Xueyang,

Yes it can be done.

If you're new to export/import utilities, I suggest a good read of the Oracle Utilities Manual.

exp help=y command and imp help=y command will display your options.

New users find the interactive method easiest, Just type 'exp' to export and 'imp' to import and follow the prompts.

The following *basic* commands will do the trick.

>exp user/password full=y file=fullexport.dmp

>imp user/password full=y file=fullexport.dmp

Make sure user has exp_full_database and imp_full_database roles. Make sure Oracle_Sid or an appropriate service name is used for each database.

First step though, a good read of the doco.

Good Luck

Richard