Re: Trigger Fail in Job execution

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2002 09:25:39 -0700

In article <aghcl6$dhv$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz>, "Howard says...

>Not really.
>
>The only tip I have, in all seriousness, is that I would sooner shag a dead
>sheep than use 8.1.5. Like the sheep, it is riddled with bugs. You need to
>upgrade to something supported. Like 8.1.7.
>
>Regards
>HJR
Damn you get around down there! First we find you and Richard are Tasmanian, now we find you also have New Zealand ancestry! ;)

Pete

>"Homero Fonseca" <hjsfonseca_at_yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have Oracle 8.1.5 in my company, and I have some jobs which execute
>> some tasks overnight. Recently I got a problem in execution of a job,
>> that needs to insert some lines in a table, and update other table by
>> trigger (on first table).
>> The update must be applied by trigger, but it don't occurs when the
>> job is executed by SNP Process Background.
>> I try to force execute the job, and the update occurs. But when I
>> schedule the job to execute overnight, the update fails.
>> Curiously, the rest of the procedure(schedulled in job) is executed.
>> Only the update, in trigger, don't occurs.
>> A log was created to give me some information, and I saw the procedure
>> executing without any exceptions or errors. Only the update fails.
>> Someone could send any tip to help discover what is happening on this
>> procedure?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Homero Fonseca.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Wed Jul 10 2002 - 11:25:39 CDT