Re: How to confirm someone is an OCP?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:09:44 +0100

"Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message news:agh8iq$9ri$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz...
> The cynicism you see in these parts is in large meaasure due to the fact
> that most of the posters you'll see here regularly would scoff at the idea
> that they have to demonstrate anything: their professional work experience
> demonstrates as much equally well, if not better.

I can't speak for others but I am cynical, not because I think my work speaks for itself, indeed often I am worried that it does...., but because (like the MCSE) folk seem to think that if they;ve got it they've arrived and should be paid as if they knew oracle as well as the development team that work for larry. equally management consultancies use it to say 'all our staff are qualified ', because they know damn well they can't say all our staff are competent and capable of applying their knowledge to your problem.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA