oracle 8i to 9i

From: Siddharth <siddharthbahri_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2002 08:37:01 -0700

Hi,

We are thinking of shifting from oracle 8i (8.1.6) on linux to oracle 9i R2 for linux. I want to know if the following problems which i was facing in oracle 8i have been solved in 9i:

  1. running mts under heavy load - oracle 8i used to crash with mts under heavy load on Red Hat Linux 7.2 machine. I had to run in dedicated server mode.
  2. linux 2GB filesize limit - 8i doesn't support files greater than 2GB
  3. intermedia index on materialized views - when i created intermedia indexes on materialized views in oracle 8i the views did not refresh

Please tell me if these bugs are removed from oracle 9i.

Also I want to know if its possible to setup replication between oracle 8i and 9i databases ie. tables in 8i and their views in 9i and vice versa.

Thanx.
Siddharth Received on Wed Jul 10 2002 - 10:37:01 CDT