Re: How to confirm someone is an OCP?

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:19:51 +1000

To quote the immutable (and inimitable) Dr Johnson: Sarcasm is the supreme form of wit because anyone that can do it is a cynical bastard upon whose back it would be unwise to turn. Something like that.

If you keep on like this, Richard, I shall have no recourse but to expose your Minties fetish. And then where will you be??? Huh, huh??

For the record, Richard was the only person that made Performance Tuning even moderately pleasurable. Even if he did get the block size issue wrong, and even if he is wedded to private rollback segments.

He is seeking treatment as we speak at the Retirement Home for Gentlemanly DBA folk with psychotic delusions of Rock Grandeur.

All mail to: "Bewilderment House
The Back of the Beyond
Sunny Hah! Canberra
Australia"

Post Code: Minus 9 Celsius

Posters are advised to beware the man that speaks in lyrics (bad ones), with many references to obscure "popular" musicians, such as a certain David Bowie, provenance unknown.

Regards
HJR "Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:0PQW8.31798$Hj3.96367_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Howard, sarcasm just doesn't become you :) Not.
>
> Richard
> "Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message
> > This one is too easy.
> >
> > There are two alternatives.
> >
> > Ask them how many extents a rollback segment should have. If they answer
> > "20", they're OCP. If they answer "what's a rollback segment", it's a
> good
> > chance they're a 9i OCP. If they answer "Have you considered the pro's
and
> > con's of automatic undo management where this is not an issue", they're
> not
> > OCP, but they might be a little too in love with marketing for comfort.
If