Re: How to confirm someone is an OCP?

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:17:05 +1000

No need to be cynical.

I have a Masters in Twentieth Century Domestic American Political History.

How much of a difference to my employment prospects do you think that honestly makes to me these days?

A degree means I can demonstrate I can learn learn. An OCP should mean you can demonstrate you are willing to learn. Nothing more, nothing less.

The cynicism you see in these parts is in large meaasure due to the fact that most of the posters you'll see here regularly would scoff at the idea that they have to demonstrate anything: their professional work experience demonstrates as much equally well, if not better.

If all you've got is an OCP, it's better than nothing. At least you've studied. If that's *all* you've done, forget it. You need experimentation too.

Regards