Re: How to confirm someone is an OCP?

From: newboy <goldstar_at_nospam.aol.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:30:56 +0100

This is starting to worry me. I am just about to book a fast track course to OCP 9i but all I read is negative stuff. I'm not an Oracle DBA and don't work with it every day. Oracle is only a small part of my daily work. All I want is to learn enough to help me to deploy and support my software and also give my customers some confidence in my companies abilities.

If I pass the certification I certainly won't view myself as some kind of expert. To me it's a bit like being at university or school. You learn some stuff, do some exams and then you go out and learn how to do the job. So I suppose I can see where the cynics are coming from.

Cheers
James