Re: Invalid Month error on German Oracle Server 8.1.7 using ADO

From: newboy <goldstar_at_nospam.aol.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:23:31 +0100

Hi Roelof,

Yes I set the NLS_LANGUAGE. There is an umlaut in Marz so maybe this is the problem. There must be a way to deal with this. Maybe I should just stick to DD-MM-RRRR? Unfortunately I work from the UK and my customer is in Germany so it is a bit tricky to develop and test.

I suppose I should contact Oracle for some assistance.

Thanks for the advice.
James

"rs" <info_at_bytelife.com> wrote in message news:3d2bfb75$0$32524$7a0f4ed3_at_energis-news-env...
> Hello James,
>
> Did u check the NLS_LANGUAGE setting ?
> E.g. in dutch OKT is not OCTober
> In german i imagine u have an UMLAUT in the March (Marz).
> That's going to be difficult for the database !
>
> Good luck,
> Roelof Schierbeek
>
> R.Schierbeek, DBA
> sql : www.bytelife.com/sql4dba.htm
>
> newboy <goldstar_at_nospam.aol.com> schreef in
> > Hi
> > I get an invalid month error when I do an insert from a VB6 app using
ADO.