Re: Global temporary tables v pl/sql tables

From: Keld Nielsen <keldnielsen_at_image.dk>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:04:49 +0200

"R Chin" <rchin_at_panix.com> wrote in message news:agfnic$c97$2_at_reader1.panix.com...
> Are you sure ? Is this an EXCLUSIVE statement
???

gee

> Can I not declare the index-by table in the
DECLARATION section of the body
> for it to last the session ? so that I don't
have to make it global and
> exposed ?

declaration section ? oh I think I got it, data division - working-storage section
right ? <gr>

  1. in the package body - yes (why don't you just try it out ?)
  2. global within the session - yes
  3. 'exposed' ? - it's in the body for crying OL

> If we must declare something in the spec to last
the session....isn't Oracle
> incredibly inconsiderate ?

hmmmmm.

> robert
>
> Charlie Edwards wrote in message ...>>
> >It needs to be DECLARED in the package spec to
last the session.