Re: Apparently anomalous behaviour with a subquery - has anyone seen this?

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 22:32:03 GMT

Paul Brewer wrote:

> "Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > And your concept of what a correlated sub-query should do is ...?
> >
> I didn't find this post particularly helpful.
> Still looking for suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

You weren't asking for help. You were wishing Oracle would change a very standard SQL behavior that has, as far as I know, not caused any problems for at least a million other developers.

I was trying to point out that were your suggestion to be taken it would require Oracle to break correlated subquerys. I am sorry if you didn't catch that. The query did exactly what you asked it to do. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 17:32:03 CDT