Re: shutdown abort and database consistency

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: 9 Jul 2002 14:41:01 -0700

Actually, Mark, for those operations for which NOLOGGING is valid, all redo AND undo writing is disabled, except for any recursive data dictionary updates which will go to undo and redo, and logging of extent invalidation records in redo (I don't think they go to undo, cause I don't think they make any sense there).

In the case previously mentioned in this thread, clearly a DELETE operation will always log, so this is not a factor. However, the fact remains that NOLOGGING, when applied to an appropriate operation, will disable redo and undo.

-Mark