Backups and Export failing.

From: Andrew Metcalfe <ametcalf_1999_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2002 12:46:47 -0700

I know I'm kinda slow on the uptake here folkes, I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious.

My backups are failing. They were running consistently fast for about a year, and suddenly started failing. We've set them up and schedule them through Enterprise Manager.

The error log is pretty consise, and mentions authentication and connection issues. Problem is, I can't find where the connection string is specific, nor can I find where the passwords are specific.

The error log I'm about to include shows both a failed Backup and a failed export. Any suggestions? Thanks. Oracle 8i on win2000.

begin log:

f:\oracle\ora81\network\agent>net stop "Resin Servlet Runner" The Resin Servlet Runner service is stopping.... The Resin Servlet Runner service was stopped successfully.

f:\oracle\ora81\network\agent>echo "resin stopped" "resin stopped"

Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.7.0.0 - Production

Copyright (c) 1997, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production

MGR-04546: invalid connect string
 select status from v$instance
*
ORA-01012: not logged on

Server Manager complete.
ora-01012: not logged on

Export: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Thu Jun 27 16:02:28 2002

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
Export done in US7ASCII character set and WE8ISO8859P1 NCHAR character set server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset conversion)

About to export specified users ...
EXP-00010: MYUSERNAMEis not a valid username or not an exportable username
. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions
. exporting foreign function library names for user SYS
. exporting object type definitions for user SYS
About to export SYS's objects ...
. exporting database links
. exporting sequence numbers
. exporting cluster definitions
. exporting synonyms
. exporting views
. exporting stored procedures
. exporting operators
. exporting referential integrity constraints
. exporting triggers
. exporting indextypes
. exporting bitmap, functional and extensible indexes
. exporting posttables actions
. exporting snapshots
. exporting snapshot logs
. exporting job queues
. exporting refresh groups and children
. exporting dimensions
. exporting post-schema procedural objects and actions
. exporting statistics

Export terminated successfully with warnings.

f:\oracle\ora81\network\agent>net start "Resin Servlet Runner" The Resin Servlet Runner service is starting. The Resin Servlet Runner service was started successfully.

f:\oracle\ora81\network\agent>echo "resin started" "resin started"

_Am Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 14:46:47 CDT