Re: Profile of of a DBA - part System Admn / Part Network Admin / Part Web Admin

From: sg <s4v4g3_at_europe.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 21:00:09 +0200

you can find one of these if he is

  1. bored with database
  2. bored with system admin
  3. bored with network setup, configuration
  4. bored with programming
  5. has over 5 ~ 10 years experience which probably 3 of them would be DBA (to be honest 3 years experience DBA depends on enviroment can be a Database baby sitter)

And from your conclusions you assume that a DBA has not to get involved in applicartion design which is a big failure in many projects, I just saw two DataMart projects with no DBA support and failed poorly

May I ask are you looking for a one man army or you are looking for a DBA?

What you are looking in we call it System Engineer and not a DBA (well if what you are looking for is a Database Baby Sitter then you are in a good way)

Regards

Note: By the way add your percentage they add up to 280%