Re: Acces To SQL - Exporting To Comp Without SQL - Possible Or Not ?

From: Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 09:46:48 -0700

I did see mention in this group a little while ago of a client database from IBM called Cloudscape which might satisfy your requirement of simple all-in-one package installation. Check the IBM website and do a search. Also search the google archives for this newsgroup for 'Cloudscape' to locate the original posting. I don't know if you can legally get a copy for free or not. You could ask your teachers, sometimes vendors supply educational licenses for their products to help students.

By the way, SQL is not a product name. It is an industry standard data query language specification that is used in various forms in many products. To be clearer, you should say "SQL database product" or "SQL DBMS" or "SQL RDBMS".

Martin Doherty

To reply, remove the freebeer (you knew there was no such thing, right?