Re: The Steps Taken to be a DBA

From: Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 14:09:47 GMT

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 18:10:13 +1000, Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam> wrote:

>In article <eRgW8.30710$Hj3.93178_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, you said (and I
>quote):
>

>> University student => Failed Rock Musician => Porn Star => Political
> ^^^^^^^^^
>> Activist For The Rights Of Vegetables => Sumo Wrestler Trainer => Dietician
>

>why does this sort of thing only happen to others???????????
>

><sucking my thumb, curled down in a corner>
>Mummy!!!!!.........................
>

>;-D
>--
>Cheers
>Nuno Souto
>nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam

Actually, the failed musician part seems to happen to a lot of us in IT. Every place I've worked in IT, both dept. management and HR people have commented on how often they see people with musical backgrounds in IT.

(My route to DBA was University student => Army Bandsman => university student (Bachelor of Music Ed.) => public school band director ( and continuing as Army Bandsman in the Nat'l Guard) => "girl friday" => painter (walls, not art) => programmer/analyst => DBA)

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)