Oracle 7 - TCP-IP-Port

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:58:12 +0100

Guenter,

Oracle's listener uses 1521 and/or 1526 by default (check out tnsnames.ora for which one) as the initial port, but then, once a connection has been made, the listener hands off the connection to another port.
My network Guru tells me that Firewalls hate oracle. :o(

There is a utility you can use, called Connection Manager (I think - we don't need it here, so I'm not clued up on the name) which allows Oracle converstations to pass through a firewall. I'm not sure if it is usable with Oracle 7 though (which is no longer supported).

HTH Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator