Oracle 9i-Solaris 8 - LD_PRELOAD problem with pro*cobol programs

From: Gopal <gkrishg_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 19:11:36 +0530

I've run in to a problem while running a pro*cobol program on Sol 8/ Oralce 9i rel.2

$ export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libc.so
$ rtsora32 sample1.gnt

ld.so.1: oracletxora: warning: /usr/lib/libc.so: open failed: illegal insecure p
athname

CONNECTED TO ORACLE AS USER: SCOTT ENTER EMP NUMBER (0 TO QUIT): 0 TOTAL NUMBER QUERIED WAS 0000. HAVE A GOOD DAY. When I do the LD_PRELOAD, though the application works, I get this warning and LD_PRELOAD does not happen,
which comes in the way of some of my other applications from running. (Actually I've an application which needs this ld_preload to happen   which in turn will invoke the pro*cobol transaction. Now since ld_preload fails I'm unable to get the cobol transaction running).

The solution as per solaris manuals is to put the library that is pre loaded in a secure path. This work
with normal programs. But not with rtsora32. See below.

$ export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/secure/32/libc.so
$ rtsora32 sample1.gnt

ld.so.1: oracletxora: warning: /usr/lib/secure/32/libc.so: open failed: illegal
insecure pathname

CONNECTED TO ORACLE AS USER: SCOTT ENTER EMP NUMBER (0 TO QUIT): 0 TOTAL NUMBER QUERIED WAS 0000. HAVE A GOOD DAY. This looks like a problem with some of the libraries getting linked on to rtsora32.

I did see this problem with oracle 8.1.7 as well. But there if I put the libraries in the secure path (/usr/lib/secure) it works.

Does this has anything to do with my Oracle installation? (like the advanced security option etc?)

Any workaround/solution?

TIA Gopal Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 08:41:36 CDT