Re: Statistics and Views

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:22:59 +0100

No. The query will return the correct answer whether or not statistics are in place.

However it is not possible to say it will run optimally or even that it will run sub-optimally.

Statistics exist to allow Oracle to make better choices as to how it executes your queries, however barring a bug the correct set will be returned if they are not.