Re: universal installer sucks!

From: MS <qcom_at_attbi.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2002 13:05:30 -0700

Just to be clear, 75kbps that I refer is 75k bytes/sec and is the actual transfer rate I get. I consider that to be reasonable speed. The n/w itself is probably T3 line (>10M bytes/sec ?). All text based commands and vi editor run on xterm terminal are doing good.

The 9.2 installation was done on local LAN (>1M byte/sec transfter rate) and was still slow.

Looks like others are not facing what I am facing, it could be: - everyone is installing on super fast n/w or not doint any remote installs at all
- may not have installed 9.2 install over the n/w

that's all I have to say.

-Madhu S