Re: The Steps Taken to be a DBA

From: Rene Nyffenegger <rene.nyffenegger_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 8 Jul 2002 19:39:09 GMT

> My guess is that the most common paths are either
>
> development -> (optionally) analyst ->DBA

I second that. I used to program C++ and once was in a project whose database was Oracle. At that time I still believed that databases are only a little more than SQL parsers. At one particular evening, when I was working on the project, and the DBA had already gone home, I was looking for a table whose exact name I forgot but I knew it contained a certain word. I couldn't go on working because I didn't know abaut the dictionary tables and the next day, when I asked how it was possible to find a certain table I was introduced DBA_TABLES. I decided, I can't call me database developer when I didn't even know the fundamentals and then I really started to dig deep in the books and this is how it basically started.

Rene

--
Recherchen im schweizerischen Handelsregister:
http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/SwissCompanies/Search.php3