Re: Guru's advice needed on dbms_job related question

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 19:13:48 GMT

Well gentlemen,
thanks for the replies, I just wanted to avoid reinventing the wheel. Unfortunately I've seen jobs ending without producing any result and without leaving any trace of errors, I've checked logs and there was no evidence of failure, at least not as reported in the Administrator's manual. Most likely finished jobs are removed soon as an housekeeping policy, in order to avoid clogging the db with amounts of increasing garbage. It seems I'll have to resort to some homebrew code to handle this.

Bye,
Flavio Received on Mon Jul 08 2002 - 14:13:48 CDT