Re: Oracle vs DB2

From: R Chin <rchin_at_panix.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:54:52 -0400

Daniel Morgan wrote in message

>IBM does not support its product with 3rd party books and resources that
can be
>used to learn it.
>If you want to get a free copy of Oracle there are hundreds of resources to
>choose from to learn it. Go to a bookstore and try to find a book on DB2.
>Amazon.com lists 441 books with Oracle in the title, 109 with DB2. And many
of
>them of little use if you don't happen to have a mainframe in your closet.

That's so true....
That's what I appreciate about Oracle...they made it "easy" for people to get started on
learning their products...giving software away. That's how I got started.

>Amazon.com lists 441 books with Oracle in the title

My opinion: Unfortunately, very many of them are mediocre at best...

Robert Received on Mon Jul 08 2002 - 11:54:52 CDT