How to update the record based on certain criterias.

From: kpn <kpn_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 23:43:15 +0800

Hi all,

I'm a newby to Oracle and I'm not good at SQL programming. I've a problem that I need to update some product code in a big table based on products' category.

Table's schema:
prodcode varchar2(20),
category varchar2(20),
unit price number,
stock number.

For example, I've four categories of products, TV, DV, DC, VHC. Each category has more than 400 records. Due to some reasons, we want to add each product code with a prefix. The products belong to TV will append a "T" at front of each record, and the products belong to DV will add a "D" at front of each record .

Can someone provide the scripts or procedures for me? Thanks. Received on Mon Jul 08 2002 - 10:43:15 CDT