Re: 9i release 2 installer problem

From: David Simpson <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 15:32:47 GMT

Hartono,

I have been working on an updated version of my Installgen application which will support the automation of installing Oracle 9.2.0 - and I ran into a similar problem. I found that the Oracle installer is requesting that the computer have Service Pack 1 installed, however in order to get the installer to work I actually needed to install Service Pack 2. I perform a silent install process using Oracle response files to perform my database installations, so I wrote some additional Perl code to make sure that I check for the existence of the correct service pack before I start the installation.

After I installed Service Pack 2 on one of my servers containing the VIA chipset, it would not boot properly any longer. So I also had to install the latest VIA drivers to resolve that problem.

If you want to beta test the next version of Installgen, please let me know. I am making this test version available to licensed customers who request it.
The a demo of the currently released version is available here: http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/downloads/demo_software/index.html

David Simpson