Re: Which package of LINUX easiest to insatll Oracle on ?

From: Glen A. Stromquist <nobody_at_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:33:35 GMT

I have installed it on SuSE, with not a lot of problems, haven't tried it on RH yet, but there are some very good howto's if you search around. The howto that I followed with SuSE was actually for RH, but it was generic enough that it worked.

Just make sure that your directory permissions are set up correctly etc. and you should be ok, it is NOT like a windows install! Suse has an rpm that actually does a lot of the needed configuring for you, but not all of it.

enjoy

hth