Re: Global temporary tables v pl/sql tables

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 23:36:21 +1000

Hi

Just to add to what Robert has said.

A GTT is actually quite permanent, it's the data within it that's temporary (either at a transaction or session level). Therefore you can potentially access data in a GTT through many PL/SQL block executions.

A PL/SQL table is temporary, period, as it's a memory structure that exists only for the life of the PL/SQL block.

Therefore it depends on what you're trying to achieve.

Horses for courses and that sort of thing.

Richard