Problems to start database

From: Ulrich Dreifke <dreifke_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:31:25 +0200

Hi,
im new with Oracle. Im downloding the version 8.1.7 for Windows NT. During Oracle8i Enterprise Edition 8.1.7.0.0 installation i am asked for a Database to create. I create the database sport. After the complete installation i am able to connect to the database via Oracle DBA Studio.
Now i restart the W2K Server. After that i cannot start the Database. I go to DBA Studio, Sport.XXX.XX, Instanz, Database, right mouse click, Hochfahren (German) (Starting UP ?), OK, Database will start and then nothing going on further.
I get no error message only the picture in the message box will change. I get the following event log entrys:

Ereignistyp: Informationen
Ereignisquelle: Oracle.sport
Ereigniskategorie: Keine
Ereigniskennung: 34
Datum: 08.07.2002
Zeit: 13:26:43
Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
Computer: KOMMRECHNER
Beschreibung:
Audit trail: ACTION : 'connect SYSTEM' OSPRIV : DBA CLIENT USER: TROLLI\Administrator CLIENT TERMINAL: KOMMRECHNER STATUS: FAILED ( 1017 )
.

Datum: 08.07.2002
Zeit: 13:26:43
Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
Computer: KOMMRECHNER
Beschreibung:
Audit trail: ACTION : 'connect SYSTEM' OSPRIV : DBA CLIENT USER: TROLLI\Administrator CLIENT TERMINAL: KOMMRECHNER STATUS: SUCCEEDED ( 0 )
.

All Action on the database says : ORACLE not available

Can someone help ??

p.s. Sorry for bad english, i am a german

Uli
dreifke_at_t-online.de Received on Mon Jul 08 2002 - 06:31:25 CDT