Re: Database Hit Ratios

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 19:51:58 +1000

Hi Jonathan,

And anything that makes people think is generally a good thing. That's what I particularly like about Connor's script that adjusts the hit rate to any value you choose. If it makes people re-evaluate what tuning is all about, if it makes them think, "wait a minute, maybe my 99% ain't so good after all !" then that's great. But it's important that people don't then go and jump to some other equally incorrect conclusion.

It's all good fun !!

Richard