Re: Sparse TEMP files

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 14:10:17 +1000

I rather thought one of the contributing factors to making the file sparse was that Oracle hadn't formatted the blocks in the file. But the first use of them would indeed have to format those blocks, and that would indeed slow the first query/queries down.

I may indeed be completely off my rocker, and would welcome being put right on this. Being a Microsoft duffer at heart, all the technicalities of sparseness rather sail straight over my head. Might as well be talking about Emu Pie for all I know about it.

Regards