Re: Start MS-excel from oracle on clientPC

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:28:30 +1000

Hey, Sybrand?.... Lighten up a little, there's a good chap.

I have students on performance tuning wondering what the word "commit" means, so things *could* be worse.

I try and smile, explain as best I can, and move on. There's never been a need to call anyone a moron.

I have students who swear that Hit Ratios are everything 'cos Richard Niemic tells them so. And when I demonstrate otherwise, they get angry and argumentative. I try very hard to smile, leave their objections hanging in the air, and move on. I didn't need to call them a moron.

Things could be *much* worse.

*Try* to be nice.

Regards