Re: The point of Oracle certification

From: <basrad_at_oraspec.ind>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 01:14:36 +0200

the point is :

   how many "experienced" dba are out there which do their standard stuff    for ten years, learn no new stuff and sit like chicken on their database    "protecting" it, but are not compentent in the things we need today     like supporting development, teamworking, and really service oriented

   so the best thing is to have somebody who is service orientied,    has huge developement expierence and understand the concepts and    is eager to learn the new stuff, and in 2 years he is ten times better    then most dba with 10 years expierence