Re: How do you switch CDs ? (Installing Oracle on SunOS 5.8)

From: pj <PeterJohannsen_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Jul 2002 10:37:17 -0700

"Hemant K Chitale" <hkchital_nospam_at_singnet_nospam.com.sg> wrote in message news:<ag1m48$veo$1_at_reader02.singnet.com.sg>...
> If you did a "cd /cdrom/oracle901_1" [or whatever is the mount-point
> of the CDROM] and than ran "runInstaller" from there, the CDROM
> cannot be unmounted. Note that the shell that you started
> "runInstaller" from would have come back to the command prompt
> ("$" or "%" or whatever). Just "cd /" or "cd" or "cd $HOME" -- to
> any other directory and then eject the CDROM.

I double-clicked the icon in the Removable Media Manager.

I'll go see if closing & reopening the Removable Media Manager helps any.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions -- if I have to abandon this & start over, I guess I need to delete all the directories -- but then I can try copying all the files to server drives first. Received on Sun Jul 07 2002 - 12:37:17 CDT