Re: The point of Oracle certification

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 22:47:06 +1000

In article <3d2828e8$1_1_at_news.iprimus.com.au>, you said (and I quote):

> What is the point of Oracle certifications?

Make more money for Oracle.

> and will become redundant in years. For example, a person who is Oracle 8i
> certified is now out of date because of the release of Oracle 9i.

That's the miopia of the whole thing: what people are getting certified in
is a version of software, not the technology itself.

IOW, totally worthless in an industry where software version lifes are measured in months.

> Comments welcomed, by all means.

There will be heaps I'm sure, if everyone isn't already sick of it...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto