Re: 9ias release 2 not recommended

From: sg <s4v4g3_at_europe.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 14:37:32 +0200

FYI I am not complaining, I am warning people who wants to use IAS.

I did install the patch, I have done 7 installations already.

If IAS (any version) was never supported to change hostname/IP how come cloning Oracle Applications 11i is supported? And this product runs on IAS. I suggest you read Cloning Oracle Applications Release 11i An Oracle White Paper May 22, 2002. And here it does suggest you cloning an installation. And mind you if you have a look in Oracle 9iAS Release 2 Administration Guide Chapter 7 it tells you "how to modify hostname, port in iAS components" which now is filled as a document bug.

The language installation has not officially filled as a bug, the shell scripts provided to be called by ptlasst.csh do not work, you have to manually modify them.

And just another warn for those who develop in J2EE, you cannot have over 500 TAGS in JSP because the 64K limit is hardcoded in IAS. Filled as a bug and enhancement requested by Support. I know two companies already moved to Bea WebLogic because of this. The reason is simple: you cannot do serious development with such limitations.

The support is simply poor, to be exact you give the solutions to support. This has already happened to us with Oracle Portal v3.x

I would suggest you do some reasearch before coming with statements. And may I ask you have you tried to install iAS?