who has made any experiences with 9.2 ??

From: <basrad_at_oraspec.ind>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 21:03:33 +0200

Hi,

we are doing developement on 9.2 / Solaris 8 / Veritas DBE and might switch into production in 2 month.

I have worked with 9 for 6 month now and I am very satisfied with 9.2.

I use a lot of the new features,
the full range of management features like LMT for all tablespaces, automatic undo management, automatic pga management, spfiles ... new stuff for CBO (system statistics ... ) and it looks well compared to 3 years bugfixing 8.1

I had a setup with AQ and java and was really suprised it worked without any modifications on 9.2

CBO is also much better, in earlier versions I was used to write everything as a join, know NOT IN and IN are often the better choice.

also DISM on solaris 8 works well, dynamic reconfiguration of SGA no problem, and without relinking 3.5 GB of sga on 32-bit Solaris possible !!

also no problems with external tables=> very good !, dbms_metadata is a little buggy,
we use all stuff like multitable insert, list partioning very rare ora - 600, the base seems to be very stable, all kind of advisory-views, segment-statistics are very fine

I have only problems with my favorite view v$session_event ??? it shows very few wait events compared with older versions

I plan to do something with the new stream functionality, is this a good idea ??

so who made expierences with 9.2 , who knows about some pitfalls oder hidden problems ??

9.2 is very good compared with 8.1, and 8.1 was a major improvment compared to 8 and 7.

So congratulation for the superb work of Oracle development. Received on Sat Jul 06 2002 - 14:03:33 CDT