Re: Mac to Oracle 8i connection

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Jul 2002 08:12:25 -0700

Karen <abvk_at_ureach.com> wrote in message news:<3D266EC9.BD3C79B6_at_ureach.com>...
> There exists a sqlnet driver for Mac OS 9.
>
> There is JDBC interface for Mac OS X.
>

> Nogbad the Bad wrote:
>
> > What is a practical way for MacOS 9.1 to connect to an Oracle
> > 8i database from inside an application, written in C++ or Java?
> > BTW there's no Java2 on 9.1

Karen,

> There exists a sqlnet driver for Mac OS 9.

would that be sqlnet v2.3.2.0.3 circa 1996 or was there anything more recent that you know of?

> There is JDBC interface for Mac OS X.

this one still irks me.
the trade rags had a half dozen articles of how an OS X client for 8.1.6 was written, and how an 8.1.7 client was to be released, but was killed.

we'll probably have to wait for some sort of "tell all" book to be published to find out what happened there.

thanks,

Paul Received on Sat Jul 06 2002 - 10:12:25 CDT