EXECUTE CONTEXT USE in multithreaded Oracle applications translates to NOTHING

From: Tomasz Romanowski <tromanow_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2002 15:08:58 -0700

I'm having multiple threads selecting&converting records from Oracle 9i database on a Solaris 8 box. The performance with 2 and 3 threads is roughly the same as with a single thread. The threads seem to compete for the same Oracle database connection. I'm using PROC 9.0.1 with the THREADS=YES option. I'm executing EXEC SQL ENABLE THREADS at the ver beginning and I'm allocating different runtime contexts and creating a separate database connection for each thread. I've noticed however that the statement EXECUTE CONTEXT USE :context_name

is translatad to NOTHING. Really, I cannot see any place in the generated .cpp code where a runtime context could be selected. This makes me think I'm using the default runtime context with all the threads competing for the same database connection. Right or wrong? Anyone know how to make PROC generate code to effectively select a runtime context? Received on Fri Jul 05 2002 - 17:08:58 CDT