Re: 9ias release 2 not recommended

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 21:35:40 +0100

"Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3D25F8E1.61625A95_at_exesolutions.com...
> There is a price to be paid trying to put any release of any software into
> production immediately. New releases are generally put on development and
> testing boxes and not moved to production until proven stable. I might
note
> for you that Oracle Corp., itself, has yet to put Oracle 9i into
production
> with its own 11i applications.

I agree entirely with the sentiment, but just as a clarification Pete stated a short time ago that Oracle *were* running their 11i apps on 9i internally. NB this doesn't necessarily mean that would be a supported configuration yet.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=9i+11i+author:Pete+author:Sharman&hl=en&lr =&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=afq7gr01vd%40drn.newsguy.com&rnum=1

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA