Re: Problem with Oracle 8i client & Oracle forms 6i

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 22:00:32 +0200

Did you install Forms 6i in the same ORACLE_HOME as 8i client? If so: I think this is not a certified combination and the software set is smashed up.
Remove Oracle completely as described by Norwood but install only Forms 6i. You have SQL*Net already then, so I see no need for another ORACLE_HOME with 8i client. Unless you need sqlplus, import, export, sqlloader. See if you can install them from the Form 6i CD. It would make it much easier.

If you installed in different homes this is most likely a configuration issue: what is the current home, where are the Net8 configuration files read from, as Daniel described.

Uday Joshi <mail_uday_at_indiatimes.com> schreef in berichtnieuws f5cc353.0207050015.60a0b0ae_at_posting.google.com...